Speaking of swimwear, you may have heard by now about the highly inappropriate padded bikini swimsuit tops for young girls that were, until very recently, being sold both in-store and online at Abercrombie and Fitch. The padded tops--which were described by A&F as being "push-up" (yes, push-up) style, were available in sizes as small as girls' 8 (the size that my 7 1/2-year-old daughter wears). I wanted to show you the product link for the these "push up" bikini tops but as you see, they have been removed (too late...the damage is done). Instead, this selection of (still skimpy) triangle bikini tops (which I would still never buy for my size 7/8 daughter) is available, and, not surprisingly, on sale (I would imagine/hope they are a tough sell). We are going on a spring vacation soon to the beach and this is what my 'tween daughter will be wearing instead..something age-appropriate and sweet. As it should be.I'm curious to hear your opinions about the Abercrombie & Fitch debacle. What do you think?
0 comments:
Post a comment on: Itsy Bitsy Padded Bikini--No Thanks