Talbots - shetland wool waist pleat skirt

Talbots shetland wool pleat-waist skirt  runs in regular, petite, woman & woman petite sizes. It comes in yellow and grey. All sizes are currently still available and the skirt is now half off.

I purchased the skirt in this yellow color, but forgot to photograph it. The wool is an odd match for what strikes me as a spring color. I don't want to wear nylons with it because it should be springtime, but if I'm wearing a wool skirt, it's probably cold, right? I'm sure I'll work it out. I love the skirt. I would say the skirt is a medium weight.

Size 4P
Sweater (PS): Gap turtleneck
Belt (S): J Crew (See this one, lighter pink and a bow belt)
Shoes: Nine West Ambitious here and here


Plaid jacquard pleated skirt - The following is my first Talbots popback It has a matching jacket, which I didn't like. I can't find the irl pic. The size/scale of the pattern didn't work that close to my face.This is the same skirt as above, but they're calling it plaid jacquard. Looks like houndstooth to me. G Money commented on the placement of the pleat, but I didn't even notice that till he said something. It doesn't bother me. The pockets on this have my attention. Loveth. It's a shiny pattern and looks ok w/no hosiery. However, I will probably wear tights with this if I keep it because I think they would provide a complimentary backdrop. I'm on the fence about keeping. It was $70 and I'm not sure I'll wear it often. It's pretty shiny and I wouldn't be able to wear it to work. Plus, the Loft metallic croc skirt has similar colors + pockets and that's already a keeper. We'll see...in the meantime it was fun to score a popback on the site.


Talbots(4): plaid jacquard pleated skirt
Belt: J Crew patent, color is root. This burnt caramel belt looks similar.


Thanks for stopping by...

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Talbots - shetland wool waist pleat skirt