Fall Fab Five: Fabulous Florida Mommy

Gigi welcomes guest blogger...




When I sat down to write my post for Gigi's Fab Fall 5 series, I had initially thought my list was going to be filled with new items that I would like to get this year. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the items I am most excited about wearing right now are already in my closet! :)


1) Topping my Fab Fall 5 list is my Albertus Swanepoel™ for J.Crew fedora in leopard. Now, I will admit to having a slight obsession with animal prints (leopard in particular), so when I first saw this fedora in the J.Crew Fall 2010 Look Book, I knew it was a *must have* for me. Then I saw the price...ouch! It was definitely a lot more than I would normally pay, especially for a hat, but since I knew it was highly unlikely to ever go on sale, I just bit the bullet and placed my order. That was one of the best shopping decisions I've ever made. I absolutely adore it! It is such an incredibly flattering and comfortable hat to wear and receives numerous compliments anytime it is worn. I know it is being offered on the J.Crew website again this year, so if you are contemplating one for yourself, I would highly recommend giving it a try. :)









2) Next on my list is the J.Crew Icon Trench. After many years of pining for this one, I was finally able to get it at a great price at the end of last year when J.Crew ran one of their Outerwear promos. Unfortunately, we had a very mild winter in Florida last year, and I never had the opportunity to break it in, so I am anxiously awaiting our first *cool down* of the year to bring it out of hibernation.









3) Continuing my list of the Fab Fall 5 is my Wightwick Manor Dress by Maeve, which I purchased from Anthropologie last year. I love everything about this dress...the silhouette, the color, the fabric, the print, plus it looks especially cute when paired with knee boots (which I love to wear during the cooler weather months). This is also a perfect day dress since it is very comfortable to wear and the length allows you to bend over without fear of *overexposure*. Definitely another at the top of my list to bring out of hibernation as soon as the weather cools down









4) Oh how I have been waiting to wear my Tory Burch 'Greta' Wedge Clogs again! (I spend most of my spring and summer in sandals or flip flops, so I really look forward to the fall and winter when my closed-toed shoes and boots make their way to the front of my wardrobe rotation.) These were another sale score last year, and another shopping decision that I am extremely pleased with...once again, I love everything about them.



They really are the focal point of any outfit when you wear them, so my favorite looks are when the clothing is kept basic or understated, like in this Polyvore I created when I wore them in January of last year:

1.22.10



5) The final item on my list is the J.Crew Sparkle Plaid Tweed Pencil Skirt which first debuted back in 2008. I have been searching for this skirt shortly after returning it all those years ago. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time...must have been a momentary lapse of reason or temporary insanity. Whatever the reason, I have been regretting it ever since...up until the beginning of last month, that is, when another JCA contacted me after seeing my post on the JCA Weekly Exchange {Looking to Find} thread over on the J.Crew Aficionada blog.

She knew that I had been searching for quite some time and was kind enough to offer me hers, and in MINT condition, no less! Needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to wear it this fall. The above picture is the one that was on the J.Crew website while it was available, and below is a photo I took of the skirt so you can see just how pretty it is closer up.






So there you have it...my Fab Fall 5. Now I just need the Florida weather to cooperate and give me plenty of days with cooler temps so that I have lots of opportunities to wear them (and the other 50 or so on my list). :)

*I want to say THANK YOU to Gigi for asking me to write a guest post while she is taking a little time off to enjoy being with Mini G. We miss you Gigi and look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

xoxo,





********************************************************

Thanks, Fabulous Florida Mommy!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Fall Fab Five: Fabulous Florida Mommy