Fab Fall Five: My Superfluities

Gigi welcomes guest blogger...




Five Fab Items I am most looking forward to:

1. Leopard Tote, Boden I first spied this WAY back during Boden's Autumn Preview in May. I am like Gigi, I don't believe that animal print is a trend, but a classic that is re-imagined every fall by almost all clothing companies. Boden has done especially well in 2011. This is, hands down, the most chic piece I have ever seen from Johnnie B. and co., and there was no doubt in my mind that I would choose this piece over J. Crew's leopard print bag.


2. Double-Faced Cashmere Popover, J. Crew I literally saved every. single. extra. spare. cent I made this summer to pay for this piece. In the end I purchased it for 20% off (had the cardholder coupon) and that helped take the sting out of the price, but it was still very costly. It is worth it, though. I have it and have tried it on. It is all at once comfortable, exceedingly soft, versatile, and dare I say it, elegant? I am heading to Paris in October, and I have no doubt this is the best outerwear piece for me to bring with me. Paired with a scarf (silk driving scarf in that luscious floral from the spring), a pair of minnies, and my Thierry Lasry Sexxxy sunglasses (yes, that is the name), this may help me "fit in" with all the fashionable ladies of the city of lights.

3. Bella Coat, J. Crew. This is an old piece, from 2007. I had been on the hunt for it, and finally, finally, one of the ebay resellers had it! The coat is perfectly tailored, with a wonderful double faced wool (must like double facing, lol) fabric. This coat is best for wearing with knee length dresses, but will also likely do duty with my pre-school runs where I may choose to wear skinny jeans and a cashmere turtleneck.


4. Upbeat Kitten Heels, Boden
I don't plan on purchasing one of the animal print versions, but rather the tweed take. I love that it has a lower heel, but still look very dressy and feminine. The shoes Boden makes are wonders, nice fabric, all leather construction (including the soles minus a "rubber" safety bit). I have not bought these yet, but first great coupon I see, these are all mine.

5. Tights, any random company that makes them with control tops. I picked these because without tights, I could never keep up my desire to be all "dressy" SAHM without them. It is cold enough here in Virginia that starting around November one must wear tights to wear dresses and/or skirts. And the control top? Well, let's just say I like being all sucked in, I totally roll like that. ;)


********************************************************

Thanks, Dina G!




0 comments:

Post a comment on: Fab Fall Five: My Superfluities