I have a serious bag of tricks, but still wouldn't dare call myself a makeup queen. I bought a MAC lip pencil about 6 wks ago, brought it home and went to the bathroom to re-create the look the stylist had created for me. It was a lip pencil & lipstick combo. I walked back to the kitchen and in my hand, only the cap was there. The pencil was gone. I just walked out the bathroom, right? I felt like a crazy person.I looked all over for that sucker. Recycle bin, trash, floor surfaces. I even went back to the bathroom to ensure there was product on my lips. I had just put it on. I sucked up the loss and bought a replacement not too longer after. The other day I was digging in around towards the bottom of my endless tote, looking for a pen. I pulled one out. You already know what it was. It wasn't a pen and was the missing pencil.
hope in a jar - We've all see this product for years. I always assumed it had a thick consistency and wasn't for combo skin like mine. I was also surprised to learn there are no parabens in it. I got a sample from Sephora and love it. It has a thin consistency, but not watery thin. The net result is that it feels like a barrier for my skin. It has a slight scent to it, but not perfume-y. The creme felt good all day long. There's a trial version for $15 that has SPF25. Thumbs up.
Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel - I love the styling products in the Ouidad line. It's formulated for curly hair. My texture is all over the place, but this stuff is a reliable tamer. The line has refreshing sprays (awesome!), gels, shampoos & conditioners. Don't be shy about using products while you're in Sephora. I've taken a couple over to a mirror and gotten busy. That's how I discovered that this line works well for me.
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - I used my points a couple of times for samples of this serum. I haven't tried other serums, so I have nothing to compare it to. There's no scent to my recollect, and I just used it this morning. I put it on before putting on my moisturizer. I get a bit conflicted about adding products to my regimen. However, I will always remember a poster in a past aesthetician's office. It went something like, at 20 you have the skin you were born with...at 40 you have the skin you deserve. I'm not getting it right at all, but basically if you don't take care of your stuff then you get the results of that. I have good skin genes, but I'm not going to take them for granted. I am sure to wear moisturizer with SPF, but I've taken to adding the serum. I also take the extra step for eye area protection with Clarins wrinkle control contour, SPF30. Heidi G, the sunscreen fanatic, would be proud ;-).
Clinique bottom lash mascara - I laugh every time I pull it out because the brush is so tiny & it makes a little pop noise. Given that I'm not a maven, the $10 price sounded fine to me until I saw Jeweled Thumb's post on a DIY version. I have very short, fine lashes & have tried various application suggestions/tips w/a regular mascara wand that just don't work. The short Clinique brush is perfect. I agree, though, that you can still mess up and end up with product under your eye, so keep your Q-tips handy. Also check out Veronika's review, which has irl pics.

A couple of my favorite makeup mavens:
The online code is CHIC and ends today, 4/21.
Did you shop Sephora's promo?
***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.
0 comments:
Post a comment on: Sephora - VIBs save 15% thru today