MyMomShops Giveaway: Friends Forever Girls




My 5 1/2 year old daughter was thrilled (and so was I) to receive a new doll (courtesy of Mom Blog Marketing) from Friends Forever Girls, a new mom-launched company. Friends Forever Girls sells six different, ethnically diverse dolls that come to life with accompanying books that address 'tween topics like self-respect, friendship, and responsibility. The 18" dolls are nicely made (and appropriately dressed- no Bratz styles here) and live up to their "huggable" description- the arms really do "give" enough to embrace your child. R. received the "Nika" doll who arrives with a a description of herself including, "Some of my favorite things in the whole wide world are books, books, and more books... Even better, I love making up my own stories to tell my friends...I am so proud of my ethnic background. My mom is European and my dad is African American." The book that accompanied Nika is a chapter book, a bit too beyond my kindergartner's reading level, but I'll save it for later. In the meantime, R. enjoys dressing Nika, playing with her, and nodding her own head as I read the list of qualities that the Friends Forever Girls share ("I tell the truth all the time, too, Mommy!" R claims. Ha!) And while I'm not sure how much this concept overlaps with American Girl dolls (we have mercifully not reached that consumer stage yet), I appreciate the fact that R. now has a doll that inspires good values, and we didn't even have to travel to any flagship store in midtown Manhattan!

Want to learn more? Visit Friends Forever Girls. Enjoy coupon code "Spring" and you will receive a free Girls Friends Forever T-shirt ($14.99 value) with any doll purchase. Offer expires April 20, 2009.

Win it! One lucky reader will win a a Friends Forever Doll ($59 value, you choose the doll you wanted from this selection). Here are the contest rules:

1) To enter, please leave a comment- any comment- on THIS post (click on "comments" below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST, Sunday, March 22nd. Continental US addresses only. One entry only per person, please. Multiple entries will be discarded.
3) One winner will be chosen at random and announced on Monday, March 23rd here at the blog.
4) NOTE: If you wish to be notified by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Monday to see if you won. Unclaimed prizes are forfeited after 72 hours.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: MyMomShops Giveaway: Friends Forever Girls