I'M PSYCHIC! - I just read on Loft's Facebook Fan Page that this offer will be extended thru tomorrow, Sunday (12/5).
Loft had these two merchandised on display, so I thought I'd snap the look. I'm not finding the velvet top online.
I tried on the velvet top a week or two ago and here it is. I didn't snap a pic of the ticket, so I can't provide the style#. That would be handy so you can do an online search on the site. No ticket pic also means I don't know the size I tried, but I'm guessing it was a S. It looked very, very vintage.
Shoes (8): Nine West - like these and these
Jewel neck cardigan (246415) - Size M - which looks too tight, but the S actually fit better (not pictured). The jewels are beautiful and there is a bit of netting sewn to the bottom of the cardi. I'm not modeling this cardi in the cute, cute way it looks in-person. Who knew jeans could make and bake muffins? The jewels are set in prongs, as opposed to glued or sewn flat to the sweater. There's also gold beading around the neck. I give this a big thumbs up.
Cami (S): Old Navy jersey cami - a wardrobe staple
Ikat spots crewneck cardigan (253746) - Size S - I didn't even bother trying on the PM because I liked the size S. Based on the online pic, I was convinced it would be a hit under the redwood schoolboy blazer. It was much more dull in color than I expected and a bit bosom-y. The buttons are metal and that's why it's flapped open like that. The weight of the buttons makes the top of the cardi flop around.
Before you think you're witnessing a success story, you should know I'm sucking in my stomach. You better believe I gained back almost all of the 5lbs I lost after my 30-day personal fit challenge.
Raindrop print cardi (253748) - Size S - This very much reminded me of you know j'who. I thought it would look great w/the wool crepe pencil skirt in dark plum. But those buttons. I can't deal w/the flopping. If I'm lucky enough to bump into it on super sale, I may consider it. I just know I'd never swap the buttons. Just ask my garden cardi that's been waiting for me to reattach a button that was loose when I purchased it...
Tailored velveteen tux blazer (248448) - Size 6 - I was more impressed by the photo than in irl.Don't get me wrong, it's a nice blazer. I think the vibe is just more masculine than feminine. I'm sure it would look much better on in a 6P, but that button stance is still a bit low. I'm wearing the raindrop cardi underneath. I thought the colors would be nice, but the styles didn't work together.
Metallic croc pencil skirt (252656) - Size 6 - I thought the 4 was good last time I tried it on, but I was wrong. A 6 was much better. The pockets are not on seam, so they pucker out a bit. "Hip"-sters may not like this so much ;-). Now if I can just bring myself to get organized w/tights and get over feeling like I'm freezing, this may be a keeper.
Chime in...
***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. 6% today for Loft. Click here to join.
0 comments:
Post a comment on: Loft - 30% + 10% ends tonite (kinda)