
My mom isn't the only one in my family who celebrated a milestone birthday recently. My great uncle Bert (my mom's uncle--who played a big role in her life) just turned 100 years old a few days ago. Yes, we have a centenarian in the family again (the last one was his father, whom I knew when I was a child). Please read this wonderful local news story about my 100-year-old Great Uncle Bert: "Man Still Goes to the Office at Age 100." Perhaps a strong work ethic is the key to longevity??? Not only does he go to work every single day, but he also takes the Metro North train into New York City from Westchester, by himself!
Tonight I'll be celebrating Bert's 100th birthday along with dozens of family and friends at a special birthday party here in New York. What a joy to be together for such a happy occasion! The views should be spectacular so I will post some photos next week...
0 comments:
Post a comment on: Born in '11...1911, That Is