Talbots - ruffled plaid jacket

Talbots ruffled plaid jacket (A58035) runs in regular, petite, woman & woman petite. It's currently 25% off and you can use the 20% off printout or code on top of that.


Size 4P - It has suede elbow patches. I'm so sorry I didn't photograph them. Check out the jacket on Shop With M (scroll way down).


I had to get this. I'm happy w/the 4P. It's looking like I'm a 4P in most Talbots jackets, however, that is not the rule. This is a Grace Fit, which is described as flatteringly classic.


My torso is short enough w/out whacking it in half on the wrong garment. However, I had to try the look for the 'Belt Believers.'
Jeans (29): Crewel ankle stretch toothpick
Shoes (8): Gap The City flat
Belt: Crewel (Similar here and here)


For those of you who have asked questions about Talbots sizing, I tried on the tweed weave jacket again and the 2P fit perfect. It isn't described as a Kate, Jackie or Katherine (?) Fit. I think it was released prior to these names. It didn't look so great in the 6P, ivory. I was very close to getting the 2P in-store, but the tweed was looking a bit shop worn. It looked more boucle than tweed and was a little nappy. Passed. Too bad as it was much cuter in the smaller size.

Shopping info
* Check out the fall sale guide for thoughts on items and some links to irl pics/reviews.

*Try 030423209 for 20% + free shipping. If that doesn't work, try 90026635 for 20% off + $5 shipping.

* Click to print a coupon for in-store use. (Thanks, Bianca!) If you don't see your item in-store, you can get on the red phone to see if it's available thru customer service. All items ordered thru the red phone are shipped for free, so take your online wishlist with you.

* Classic Awards - Classic Awards/Talbots Charge Platinum & Black are credit cards. They're set up to earn awards a bit faster and have a 15% birthday discount. Classic Awards/Red is free to join and you earn 1/2 point for every $1 you spend. You also get a birthday discount. It's not a credit card, so I am signed up for that one. I recently earned my first award and am curious to see how that goes down. I already see the notification in my online account. I think it'll be available for me to use online -- automatically! -- after 10/15. No need to enter a never ending string of long numbers that begin 6-0-0...+ a pin (ahem).


Are you shopping the Talbots sale? If this is your first time shopping the store, what do you think?

Chime in...

***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Talbots - ruffled plaid jacket