QVC - Chloe Dao & Rachel Zoe

During Fashion Week, Rachel Zoe was on QVC. I ended up watching almost the entire show. And buying a couple of things. While I was on the site, I saw some pieces from Chloe Dao, so we'll start there.

Simply.Chloe Dao faux leaopard fur - Size S - The faux fur felt nice. I wasn't fond of the colors. The tans & browns of faux fur have to be just right. I also didn't like the way the print came out. It looked fuzzy around the edges of the dark brown. It went back. I'm not sure I would order again, but would definitely look at her offerings. Chloe Dao won Season 2 of Project Runway.



Rachel Zoe Double Faced Belted Cape - Size XS - Camel. First of all, it's an orange based color, imo. I would not consider it camel. Not even camel with a tan. It was packaged in the box like this.


It was too big. Too awkward as well. I really wanted to like it because it's cozy. Unfortunately, I don't have that special something that might be required to complete the look (see right-hand side of photo). I tried it on again to see if I would consider exchanging it for black, but I couldn't stop laughing.And I'm coming back to add that it's like a reverse Snuggie. With a belt.


Rachel Zoe North/South satchel - It comes with a dust bag. It's not a smooth, brushed cotton. For lack of better description, it feels like a cotton, woven tarp. I appreciate the bag, though.


It's big.

And I like it. There are disappointed shoppers on QVC who say that it looks and feels fake. It doesn't, in my opinion. It's a pebbled leather and the sturdiness of it makes it not so precious. I think it feels sturdy due to structure, not nesc because the leather is poor. I'll feel good putting leather care/conditioner on and carrying it. I don't know if my expectations were low, but I felt and still feel it's very well made. Esp for the cost.

Jacket (4P): Talbots canvas jacket
Shoes: Similar here, here and here)




QVC is doing something right. I like it when I call & they answer right away. I imagine they lose no sales with this method. You don't have time to pause and reconsider before someone is on the line asking for your item number. I called twice today to ask questions about returning because I was not processing the crystal clear instructions online or in print. The 1st rep was awesome and I told her so. On the 2nd phone call, my number must have triggered something on the rep's screen because she addressed me by name. That can feel a bit like Big Brother, but I likes it. I likes it alot. I cannot stand these automated machines that want you to speak your request a zillion times before it will transfer you to a live person. Can. Not. Stand. Looking at you, Citibank. So yeah, love QVC for their shows & hosts (the concept is marvelously entertaining), Easy Pay and most excellent customer service. Remember, QVC has featured Clarisonic, so keep that in mind.

Have ever been sucked in by QVC?


Chime in...

0 comments:

Post a comment on: QVC - Chloe Dao & Rachel Zoe