a mixed bag

This post is a mishmash of misc things I want to share. 
Let's do it.

I feel like I need this in my life. Mini cupcakes thru a plug-in. No turning on the oven. Anyone own..?


2) Shoe Woo 
This is a...wait for it...shoe website that's going out of business online. There are still some b&m locations. I think they're on the east coast. If you don't live near a store I doubt you can return it to the warehouse since they're going out of business. If interested, you'll have to check about final sale, if that's a deterrent. One of my greatest wardrobe loves are my nude shoes. I'm so paranoid I'll wear them out and never find another good pair. Right now I have the Gap city flat in camel,a brownish nude. I highly recommend them and they come w/a cute little bag for stashing them in a purse or tote bag. I also have a pinkish, nude shade by Nine west that may not make it till the end of the year. So I went ahead and got the following and they were about $25 shipped the other day. Check out the site for other offerings. There are certain things I know that don't work for me like pointy toes, so I feel fairly safe purchasing these and not being able to return them. I highly recommend knowing what cuts of clothing and shoes you favor and feel good in. When I stick to my fit rules, it makes narrowing things down soooo much easier. Back to shoes...I've tried shoe stretch spray and a stretcher, like these. They work, fyi. Keep in mind you need the spray to move along the stretching. You may no get much movement if you use the stretcher only. I believe this is the same way they do it at the cobbler, so consider investing in your own setup.




I shopped one of Sephora's most recent coupon codes and needed to add a little ridealong to get free shipping. I chose this powder. I haven't had my photo taken to see if my skin looks smoother with it on, but I like the powder and the way it feels. Remember that you can ask for samples when you're at Sephora. They'll make one for you, and that includes perfume sample requests.

4) Digital Photography
We have a kick ass camera. Neither of us have read the manual in the 5+ years we've owned it. I've been shooting on auto and most of the photos come out really nice. I don't use it for my blog pics because I'm not too good w/Photoshop. G Money, on the other hand, is a whiz. But you know how it goes, most of the pics live on my 'puter. I've seen a couple of digital photography workshops
on Groupon and decided I should sign up for one. I didn't want to drive into the city, though. Luckily I found one within 5 miles of my house and took it this past weekend. The best $25 I've ever spent. The first setting we covered was ISO. I could've left right after that and been completely satisfied w/what I paid. Of course we learned more than that in the 2 hours. I'm a tactile learner all the way. However, I will definitely be visiting the manual and now I might actually understand what I'm reading when I look things up.


5) Commercial Exercise
I was talking to my cousin today and she asked if I'd heard of commercial exercise. I said I hadn't. Until she told me it's all about exercising doing commercials. Well, yeah, I've heard of that. I always want to work w/5 lb weights during commercials, but I don't always remember. I like this article that has 5 articles and pictures. I always like pictures.

Chime in...

***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.


0 comments:

Post a comment on: a mixed bag