Gigi's Gear - dream foiled châle cardigan

J Crew's dream foiled châle cardigan. This was the 1st time I've worn it. Think of the silver as grey, and then choose your colors from there. I see working with other blues, purple, JC's heirloom pink and possibly oranges working with it. Perhaps even yellow, though I own little of that color so I have none to try. The top I'm wearing is short sleeve and I started off fine w/the itch dept. By the end of the day I was feeling a lot more itchy. The cardigan is very thick and the sleeves are tight at the wrists. I wanted to pull them up to 3/4 or bracelet length and mostly stopped trying for fear of stretching the sweater out or making a hole. The buttonholes on mine aren't sturdy. It's very noticeable to me on the top button because the top of the cardi wants to fall open w/the weight and I'm sure none of this makes sense as you can't see it. I know. When the sweater is buttoned, things are fine. It stays buttoned. When the sweater is unbuttoned, the placket wants to fall open, away from the body. Then I can see the misshapen buttonholes.

Cardigan (S): J Crew dream foiled châle cardigan
Top (6): Anthropologie by Dil (A couple blue print blouses here, here and here)
Jeans (29): you know my faves! - Recently recvd 28s and couldn't get them on. I'm fine w/the 29s being a little baggy.
Pumps (7.5): Bandolino Adiva (Similar here, here and here)


Necklace: J Crew tulip chain necklace, 35164 (Similar here, here and here)

Do you ever see a woman and think, her outfit is nice! Until you notice one article of clothing that ruins it or is just a bit off? I was that woman! Look at my leg warmers. It was forty something degrees and I should have had on a long wool coat, but I didn't want to wear that. I wanted to wear my châle cardigan. The cardi is very warm, but I often go without socks. So I threw on the legwarmers to help keep warm. I'm sure they ruined my outfit a bit, but I didn't care. I see a lot of crimes out there like pajamas, so they can just step off my gear.


Those look like jazz shoes, come to think of it. I'm ready to Fosse!

Legwarmers: Forever 21, 2009 (See these and these)


The leg warmers started over the holidays when we were at the ILs. I was sick & shut in. We weren't planning to go anywhere, but a couple days I didn't even get dressed and lived just like this. It was in the 20s and 30s and still no socks for me. They have radiant heating in the floors, so my Fit Flops mostly make sense.


That J Crew. Offering us 30% off sale + free shipping when you have a net subtotal of $150 or more fter the discount. The code is MUSTHAVE. They MUSTMARKDOWN. Some items aren't moving and they need cuts. I rarely take chances on final sale items. If I haven't seen the item, at the very least I will chat w/cs for measurements. Odds are I or someone else has tried the item. Friends don't let friends shop final sale without checking the links to irl pics! The nice thing about this promo is it's a week long. I'm not really looking for anything, but hopefully there will be some price cuts and updates this week.

Chime in...

***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Gigi's Gear - dream foiled châle cardigan