Fall Fab 5: Sew Petite Girl

Gigi welcomes guest blogger...



First, I just want to say I am so honored to be guest-posting on Gigi's blog - one of my faves! She always has the best info on new items to try / sales to check out. And even better is that I'm doing it while Gigi is keeping busy with Baby G :) CONGRATS, GIGI!!

Today, I want to share my Fab Fall Five - items that I am very much looking forward to wearing/ buying this fall!


1. Embellished Collars
There's just something uber-feminine and charming about these collars. I recently purchased a pearl one and am hoping to learn to crochet one as well!


Hailee Steinfeld in Miu Miu
Get the look from Asos, Premium Beaded and Crystal Look Collar, $43.10 (buy here)


2. Faux Fur Trim
Nothing really scream fall/winter like some cozy (faux) fur trim. I love the luxe touch it adds to dresses/outerwear/cardigans.


Demi Moore for Ann Taylor


Make your own! See tutorial here.


3. Mod Styles a la Mad Men
I've been in love with the fashions I've seen on Mad Men for a while now. The details and tailoring are just impeccable. Surprisingly, but maybe this is good for my wallet, I'm not in love with the BR Mad Men collection.

Left: Check out the details and slim shape of this beautiful fitted dress!
Right: A whimsical polka dotted blouse featuring a bow-neck



Left: Asos Heart Print Peter Pan Collar Shirt, $60.34 (buy here)
Right: Marc New York, $120 (buy here)


4. Color Blocking
I am especially drawn to garments with orange tones - pumpkin spice is such a beautiful and rich fall color.



Left: Petit Bateau Short Sleeved Tee Dress, $55.20 (buy here)
Middle: Color Block Cowl Neck Top, $78 (buy here)
Right: Milly Imara Color Block Textured Cotton Dress, $395 (buy here)


DIY it with this tutorial using old t-shirts


5. Thick, cozy scarves!

I have a particular obsession with Burberry cashmere ones with the classic check patterns :) Both functional and pretty!


Left: Burberry Bias Check Reversible Snood, Dark Grey (buy similar here)
Right: Burberry Mega Check Scarf, Ivory (buy here)


What fall items are you looking forward to most?

~ Sew Petite Gal

*******************************************************

Thanks, Sew Petite Gal!


0 comments:

Post a comment on: Fall Fab 5: Sew Petite Girl