Barbie Goes Old School

R. recently attended a pal's 6th birthday party at FAO Schwarz's flagship NYC store. This is one of her favorite places on earth and she loved dancing on the giant piano keyboard (from the movie Big) along with this soldier:


At FAO Schwarz, I was enthused to spot these new Barbie's 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition Dolls. Boy, did these take me back, especially the 1970s Malibu Barbie, which my sister and I had (and whose hair we duly cut and "styled").

Here are some of the other Barbie collector's editions currently for sale at FAO Schwarz (in-store only; their website no longer sells anything...but you can buy them at, of all places, Walmart.com, where you can snag two dolls for $65 total). I love how each of these dolls also arrives in era-style packaging with a collector's booklet.




Read more about the Barbie collector dolls here. And, did you hear the news that FAO Schwarz has recently been bought by Toys 'R Us? Will be interesting to see what happens to the FAO brand...

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Barbie Goes Old School