Oooooooooooohhh...
I'm so glad I didn't bite on the purple Rebecca Minkoff handbag that I had a quick chance at purchasing before they sold out awhile back on Gilt. Something told me to just wait because I wasn't convinced I like the small satchel style of hers that's so popular. Well, I'm so glad I waited. There is a boutique on Rue La LA called Coveted Footwear & Accessories. Nested underneath that umbrella is a Calvin Klein boutique.This leather handbag is final sale, but it's only $59.90. It's final sale, but I am convinced I'll love it. Click here to join Rue La La.
I can't wait!
Moving on...in this post on The Mothership, Anna asked how to find out about popbacks on the J Crew site. Quite frankly, the best way is to stay up until or get up in the middle of the night. I'm not saying it's smart or good. It's just a fact. You're waiting for what I call the flip. That's when the site begins updating. You may begin to see items in the sale section which may include gems you're on the hunt for. However, when you click on some of these items, you'll get the red lettering saying it's sold out. As the site continues to update, any sizes that are available in that item will show up if you refresh the page. Due to insomnia and also due to hunting for something specific, I have been there for the flip. I can't say it's worth it. I mean, if you can't sleep, that's one thing. Setting your alarm to try to catch the flip is not always fruitful. Thru the last few promos, J Crew didn't update the site. However, it seems they have been updating it daily as of late. Will this continue or is this temporary? We have no idea.
The second way I've found popbacks is thru the site Shop It To Me. The daily email (my frequency choice) arrives around 7 am PST, I believe. The Shop It To Me employees are quite responsive, so if you email them, I'm sure they would tell you the best way to navigate the site and how to get an update in a timely manner and/or when you can expect your email updates. The email arrives, as I said, around 7am PST and the J Crew site flip is often around 3a, 4a PST..so by the time I see the Shop It email, the popbacks are often gone. Again, this varies, so don't get married to any of the times I put here. In short, you may not be able to catch a popback thru the site, but you can get an idea of what types of things are popping back, which I find helpful. And I've found/secured popbacks by the time I saw the email; they weren't sold out. I definitely use Shop It To Me to find out about markdowns. As you know, when there are markdowns on JC, they don't move them to a New Cuts section or anything like that. You have to hunt thru the whole section and try to guess which prices have been cut. Also, I've found that my cart sometimes get dumped JC does a flip that involves markdowns. If that happens, it's not like I can visit or refresh my cart to see the new prices. Therefore, I find that Shop It To Me is a good way for me to find out about markdowns. The downside is that I will only see items in the sizes I've selected. For example, if they've marked down a cashmere sweater, but my size isn't left, I won't see the new price. The upside is that I can see a good number of the cuts all in one email, with pictures. Also, if there are any promos or codes, they will be listed as well. Click here thru my referral link to sign up for Shop It To Me. When you get there, you can select the sizes and retailers you're interested in and the frequency of email updates.
How is your Christmas shopping going? I got off easy. We did a group gift among the siblings to get my nephews a PS3 and went to Costco today to get it. Those little boys are spoi-oiled. I got them mini Axe sprays from the travel section for their stockings. I'll also put $5 for each, which they current think is a lot of money and some gum. Also huge in their book. For my nieces, my mom, sis & I will take them shopping after Christmas. They want the shopping experience over getting the gifts. There are a few things I need to get, but I don't mind going out in the final days to swoop them up.
Thanks for stopping by...

0 comments:
Post a comment on: Rue La La - Calvin Klein handbag