Revolving Doors

I feel like I just wrote about Pottery Barn Kids Threads debuting in the retail space at 76th St./2nd Ave. on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Barely 16 months later, they have gone out of business. Its replacement is one of the first-ever bricks-and-mortar PB Teen store. I walked by yesterday and they are putting on the finishing touches. I am curious how PBTeen will do- not only because the economy is tough for home decor stores, but also because the location is a sentimental one for me. My first NYC apartment was 3 floors directly above this storefront (back in 1994 when it was a plain old Pottery Barn, and I bought a farmhouse dining table with my first month's salary out of college). The store then changed to Chambers to Pottery Barn Kids to PBK Threads, and now to PB Teen. Wonder how long it'll last this time! NYC moms, stay tuned...it opens on March 21st.

Girls' "Blue Bubble" bedroom by PBTeen.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Revolving Doors