OPB - other people's blogs


I am



* Carol of In Pursuit of Pretty Things - Shares what can happen when work & blog collide.

* Economy of Style
- See her finds from a Talbot's outlet.

* Fshnonmymind of Notes From the Dressing Room - is in In Style mag!

* Louise of Cosmetic Bee
- What an asset to the blogging community. She has paired her expertise in science with a love for fashion & beauty on her blog. Start at her about page and then have a look around.

* Mary Ann of The Dapper Bun - She has the cutest pet bunny that nearly upstages in her OOTD posts. See for yourself.

* Spaweekly's blog - Sharing the results of Shopsmart's Shoe Survey. See the average pairs of shoes a woman owns. Me not average.


Blog apologies -
Speaking of blogs, in general, I have a mini rant. Stop being sorry. Stop apologizing. I don't care if you've been absent for a day or two. I usually don't notice if you skip a day. Now, If you disappear for weeks or months and don't answer private emails regarding your absence, then I would notice. What you think is irregular posting often looks regular to the reader. Do what you can. I'm happy to see a new post. Furthermore, I don't notice how pale you are nor do I care. I don't care if your hair is messy as I may not even notice it or judge it that way. The same goes for your makeup or lack thereof. Stop pointing out what you believe your shortcoming & flaws to be. Why cut yourself down? Believe me, I'm looking at your kick ass shoes or how you wrapped two different colored belts around your waist. And another thing...I don't care if you wore the outfit today or a week ago. It really doesn't matter. In short, when you are sorry it lowers my vibe. I feel the need to bend down (figuratively) and make you feel better. When you apologize, I wonder what you've done wrong. And I wonder if I should be offended about something. Why be sorry when you haven't hurt or offended anyone? I realize sorry is often a figure of speech, but I say save your apologies for things you really need to be sorry for.

Newsflash. You're a human being, blogging from a real person's pov. If I'm seeking perfection, albeit perceived perfection, I'll go to the fashion rags. I visit you because I want to see what you're up to. You are worthy of the space you've signed up for. So claim it. Blog in it. Delete comments from haters without a 2nd thought. You're not obligated to respond. Run your show and don't apologize unless you've truly been rude or mean. Odds are you haven't been.

ETA: Read what Elissa of Dress With Courage has to say on the topic.


♥

0 comments:

Post a comment on: OPB - other people's blogs