'What are you Talbot's shoppers buying? I looked through the site and didn't see much of interest but perhaps my eye was not keen enough. Would love to hear about amazing pieces.'
Here are some of the items I purchased during the recent sale & coupon promo. I ended up doing some returns and was happy to replace those with these.
Top Row
* Zodiac print blouse - I know I'm a PS in Talbots, but not sure in my number size for tops like these. I am probably a 4P in Tal, but went with 6P just to be safe, esp since some of their tops/jackets seem to run a little short. The top reminds me of Versace. This is a risk for me because I can't say it's my personal style. However, I saw the print in person and it's very pretty & vibrant. I will try styling it w/a coin necklace, similar to how they have it in the photo.
* Striped cashmere sweater - I am a sucker for stripes, so I'll take 'em in cashmere. Great price and will look good under a blazer if it isn't overly flattering on its own.
* Silk scarf-tie blouse - I'm sure I can get this to look good no matter what. I can't imagine it looking matronly.
Bottom Row
* Ornate ombré scarf
* Cotton twill crop pants - I like the ankle length jeans (6P) and crop pants (4R). I'm hoping 6P will look good in these and not stretch out like the cocktail pants or similar version from you know who. Not sure I like the cuff at the bottom, but I could always have that altered.
* Celestial print scarf - I like Talbots scarves.
Not pictured here
* Argyle sweater - loveth
* Ruffled plaid jacket - loveth
Moving on...I could totally see the herringbone jacket (C59025) inside the doors of 'Another Retailer.' It ran in regular, petite, woman & woman petite. The original retail was $229. It went down to $198 and then the 20% multi-use customer appreciation coupon also applied (good thru 10/11).
Size 6P - I'm not sure of the name of this fit, but it looked tighter, so I grabbed a 6P instead of 4P, which I seem to be at Talbots. I think this looks pretty hip. I didn't get it because of the other things I got, plus I have blazers in textures. It was tempting, though. Very cute.
Tweed weave jacket - This is a repeat. I tried this on in ivory and wasn't feeling it at all. The other day I tried the navy, not realizing it was the same jacket until I got it in the fitting room. There was only a 2P so I tried it. It was a much better look & fit than the ivory, 2P. Notice I have it on over a top from Another Retailer. So yes, your Tal items can touch those from a store that you wouldn't think would be a match. I ended up passing because the navy was a bit shop worn. It looked more nappy than boucle', unfortunately.
I'm happy Talbots reached out to me earlier this year to have a couple of giveaways. I always had a slight interest and purchased at least a few pieces a year, but never saw it completely as a store for me. After visiting more now than I did in the past, I see how I can mix and match. Of course Talbots is completely overhauling their style, designs & fit, so I'm sure I would have been drawn more to the store anyway.
How are you wearing Talbots? For work? Fun? What do you currently look for from the store?
Please share...
***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.

0 comments:
Post a comment on: Talbots - my cart