J Crew - in-store markdowns

In-store markdowns
We can barely keep track, but we'll try :-)

Double-drape Justine jacket (31890) - Still fp online. Rang up as $99.99 in-store. However, I saw it marked as $49.99 and also reported by Liz in this post on The Mothership as $49.99. It runs 0-14 and comes in black. 100% wool with acetate lining.

Size 4 - This is definitely a great deal if you get it on sale. I liked it in general. The neckline is so plain, it almost doesn't enhance the drape. The trick to this jacket is proportions. I agree w/Liz who said it would look great w/skinny jeans. I am not a fan of highlighting my stomach, but this is a great opportunity to have a sequin tank peeking at the bottom, or stripes!


Thandie blazer (regular 29215 , petite 30791, tall 30789) - In-store sightings of $49.99. I haven't seen that price with my own eyes. Size 2 - Black - I suppose would request measurements for a P4 or P6 if I were interested in this. The size 2 fit better than I would have expected. Usually I start w/size 4 in J Crew jackets, unless it's a boxier cut. Quite the bargain if you score it for fitty. Check it out on Shopping With M.



Remember, I'm 5'2" and usually take petite if it's available so I don't have to have the sleeves altered.



Stadium-cloth Sasha peacoat (regular 29060, petite 30191, tall 30190) - It's currently $198 promo price before MUSTHAVE for addtl 30%, which ends tomorrow. It's $149.99 in-store. It comes in black, heather grey, baked squash & warm taupe. It's 79% wool, 21% nylon, acetate lining.

Baked squash - I think only some colors are available in-store. I don't recall seeing this one.
Size 4 (regular, not P) - I liked the jacket ok, but did not like the epaulets. The eps and shawl collar creates a lot of busy-ness around my head and neck and make the bottom look so plain. Nice jacket, though. It felt a bit roomy, but in a too-big way -- not in a, this is big enough to layer-way. I would have to call or chat to find out the exact measurements to decide between 4P or 6P if I were getting this.



This necklace is marked down to $9.99 (black) and $14.99 (blush). I don't know why J Crew does this. It's one of the issues I have about trust. If I picked up one of the necklaces, I would assume the other was the same price if I took it to the register. Even if both have the correct sticker price, you just don't know what will ring up at the register. I add everything up in my head before I get to the register. I should feel confident, knowing things are going to ring up correctly, but I don't. I make sure to watch the little screen to make sure that things are ringing up as I expect them to. I'm a confident person in general, but some retail transactions make me sheepish and I don't like feeling like that. Esp about something that should be fun. I don't like to have to correct the SA or ask is the sticker price correct? It ruins the vibe even though all of them handle it with absolutely no problem, in my experience.

This striped scarf is now $9.99. The tag said $19.99, which is why you should take something to the register if you like it and are on the fence. You might be in for a price surprise.



Rings up as the flashlight necklace. Black SKU = 099102136280 - There is also a 3rd color (not pictured).  It's a grey metal, I believe and the ribbon is probably orchid shadow or a grey color.


Also...
* Bi-stretch wool Minni pant - Now $59.99 - Irl pics
* Chiffon Cecelia cami - Now $49.99 - on AppGal
* Dot flouncette blouse - Now $59.99
* Faded paisley flouncette blouse - Reported to be $29.99 - Irl pics
* Goldenrod brocade top - Now $79.99
* Long Benny blazer - Now $39.99, not a typo - Urban grey & dark charcoal are in-store & marked down. Not sure if black was available in-store.
* Matte jersey Marot dress - Now $39.99 - on Simply J Crew
* Woolly ribbed turtleneck -  Now $29.99 (?) - Price was reported on The Mothership or another blog. I haven't seen the price w/my own eyes. Check it out on Ema (last pic, with scarf)


If you have others to add, let us know. I'm sure I didn't pick up all the ones that have been posted on The Mothership.

Chime in...

***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: J Crew - in-store markdowns