What's in *your* wallet?

Oh crap. I couldn't come up w/my own catchy title, so I used Capital One's slogan. Their comedic commercial series w/the Vikings is ok. However, those are trumped by the Peggy spots for Discover Card. Click here to check one out. The series has spawned spoofs on You Tube. You can see 'Peggy' intercut with Napoleon Dynamite, Snooki, Donald Trump and others. It just cracks me up.

******************************************

"If you wish to be rich, you much be orderly. All men with
great wealth are orderly."

That's a quote from The Game of Life by Florence Scovel Shinn. I don't know a ton about her except that she purported many of the ideas of Law of Attraction long before The Secret. My mil gave me one of her books and I purchased a couple more. I found a recorded version of one of the books and I listen to that in the car every other week or so. FYI, there is mention of God in the Jesus Christ sense and I'm aware that doesn't resonate with everyone. Whenever reading self-improvement books, I try to focus on the things that work for me and leave out the rest.

Back to the quote. My wallet has been a mess. I know where everything is in it and I go through it regularly to clean it out. However, it just felt like a big, lead brick. I also thought it looked rather untidy. Fossil popped into my head last week and I decided to visit one of their stores. Mind you I love their goods and look online every once in awhile, but have never gone into a store. The sales associates were phenomenal. Friendly, easy conversation and they didn't hound me. They also gave me excellent information. I asked if they had a sale section. No, they don't. They send their goods to their outlet, which is not a factory store. If you want something on sale, you'll have to get to an outlet. I was ok w/the price (leather, $50), but y'know, trying to be mindful of getting a deal if I could. I had already spent some time looking at wallets in Macy's, they also carry Fossil, and on Ebay. I didn't find anything I was interested in, so by the time I went into the Fossil store, I was confident in choosing whether to buy or not.

Here is a comparison of my old wallet (left) and the new Fossil wallet (right). The old wallet weighed 15 oz. Almost a pound! No wonder my purse felt so heavy. You can see that the profile of the one on the left is way too thick. My hope was that when I put my cards into the new wallet, it would pretty much stay narrow.


I went thru my cards before putting them into the new wallet. I put my BR card, Macy's and a few others in a rubber band and threw them on my home office desk. I don't go in there too much right now because it's got bins of clothes in it. I'm hoping that leaving the cards at home will be a start. Sure, they can look up my card w/my id, but that would be a pain in the ass. I hope that going card free will prevent me from swiping my card and deciding at home. I thought that was a good strategy -- decide at home, but we know what happens when you go to make returns.



Fossil pretties.



If you're interested in changing your life or at least some of your habits as we've discussed over the past couple of days, you could start w/something small like your wallet. Perhaps you have an old one you can put into rotation again. It's not necessary to buy something new. It is nice to complete a task like wallet cleaning to feel like you accomplished something, even if it's small. Plus, you'll be preparing yourself for wealth! ;-)


Thanks for visiting...



***************************************************
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: What's in *your* wallet?